Saturday, February 23, 2013

Light Table Story Stones

I had been saving the lids of mini candles from Wal-Mart for a few months because I thought I could make something with them. The candles are only $1 each and they only last a day or two, depending on how much you burn them. I felt it was silly to throw out the lids, so I just collected them in a box. I finally came up with something to make with them a few weeks ago! I decided to make some cute story stones for the light table. It was super easy and the boys love them!! They love making up stories with rory's story cubes so I knew they would love these too! To make them I cut small clip art from random printable worksheets. I used scotch tape to tape them onto the inside with the pictures facing up.  The bottoms of these candle lids have a nice padding on them that helps protect your light table. They are awesome and so much fun!!























4 comments:

  1. I never thought of saving these - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of saving these - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a stunning thoughts. Hat's off to your great thinking and awesome idea. Keep it up, Kristen. Linen Tablecloths

    ReplyDelete

Awesome Light Exploration Accessories from Kodokids.com

  Every day is brighter when you can have a little Kodo magic sprinkled into your day!  https://kodokids.com/ is full of magic. They ha...