Thursday, May 24, 2012

Outdoor Science Lab and Outdoor Art Corner

I finally got around to getting an easel for the yard, it is a wonderful addition to our homeschooling and outdoor play, as well as playdates with our group! I also finally got all our supplies for making a little science lab in the backyard!  I set up an area that is both for water play, sensory tables, and science all in one!!  I sort of have our backyard play area set up in stations, ride ons, swings, seating, trampoline, giant sand box, ball pit pool, pool, climb and slide , and science and water.  We play out there every day and have playdates there every week as well with out group!!  My older kids like to tinker around out there too!



These guys are really into their action figures and other such things ;)










They totally love their new easel!!!! I found some electric toothbrushes to paint with at big lots for $1! We put shaving cream on the easel too! So much fun!!!


















They had a really great time in their outdoor science lab!! It is a perfect addition to our water table area and adds to sensory table fun, messy play, etc. There are water beads and mega slime in the bins and we used food coloring to color the water in the larger test tubes!






























loose tea in the water table






Featured on:


11 comments:

  1. Soo, where did you get that totally amazing easel?! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Discount school supply! http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?product=27882&keyword=easel&scategoryid=0&CategorySearch=&Brand=&Price=

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! But I would to hear more about the how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Where did you get the smaller multi-colored test tubes and the stand they are sitting in? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://astore.amazon.com/gptwinsmom-20?node=1&page=56

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! I love the outdoor science lab. I wish I had thought of something like that when my 7 year old was younger. He loved mixing colors etc. Hopefully the babe will be interested in such things when he is older. Pinning this! Love that easel too. I want to live in your outdoor play space :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your backyard looks like a Kid's Paradise. I love the easels, and the test tubes. Visiting from Weekly Kid's Co-op. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your outdoor science lab and your art corner ... so awesome! Thanks for linking up with Montessori Monday. I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page and pinned it to my Outdoor Classroom board at http://pinterest.com/debchitwood/outdoor-classroom/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your science set is amazing!!! Would you mind telling me about that funnel thing you have off to the right in the bottom picture? It looks like several funnels linked to colorful pipes? I'm doing a water play party soon and that would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone!!! Love the responses!

    To Camille, I am not sure what you mean. Could you be more specific?

    Thank you Deb!!

    Chrissie, The tubes with funnels thing is from Lakeshore Learning it is called pipe builders water ways.

    ReplyDelete
  11. After seeing this on Apartment Therapy, I now have an urge to go buy sheets of plexiglass IMMEDIATELY. Ha! Congrats on the feature!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...