Wednesday, August 8, 2012

See through framed easel art




I recently found these awesome frames for 99 cents each at IKEA. I happened to see them on my way to the check out and decided to get four of them. I figured they would be perfect for some art!! I thought about having them paint pictures and then placing the pictures in a frames , but I decided to just have them paint the clear plastic photo protector sheets that came in the frame. They turned out super cute!!  I plan on getting more of these frames in the near future! They look nice in the window as a sun catcher too! Graham painted three of them and Mackenna painted one. Parker was not in a painting mood and wanted to watch Annie. Parker is a big fan of Annie. He watches the old one with Tim Curry and Carol Burnett, not the remake.  Graham loves Annie too but not as much as Parker. ;)



Look at him all happy with his smiley face!

He turned the smiley face into a flower



Telling me all about the colors and the new smiley face


Mackenna started with a sun.

They sort of look like sesame street monsters.  ;)

Mackenna's painting.

By the way.....

Be sure to check out these awesome posts too!

and

4 comments:

  1. This is a great project and I like that the frames are 99 cents. It was a clever idea to paint the plastic that came with them and it has a nice stained glass effect. Please add this post to Artsy Play Wednesday on Capri + 3.

    : 0 ) Theresa
    http://www.multiples-mom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! That is a great idea. I love that the frames are inexpensive top. Ikea is suh a good place for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for an art project ... I love that the frames are so inexpensive yet attractive! I pinned your post to my Kids' Art Projects Pinterest Board at http://pinterest.com/debchitwood/kids-art-projects/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently found these awesome frames for 99 cents each at IKEA. I happened to see them on my way to the check out and decided to get four of ... 2framedart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Awesome Light Exploration Accessories from Kodokids.com

  Every day is brighter when you can have a little Kodo magic sprinkled into your day!  https://kodokids.com/ is full of magic. They ha...